Posted 5 months ago
About Bang Energy
Bang Energy Performance Beverages and Sports Nutrition has been producing epic innovations for over 27 years. Our sports nutrition and beverage innovations are backed by 30+ double-blind placebo-controlled Gold Standard University studies, and our marketing and distribution has been featured by several media outlets, including Forbes and Wells Fargo. We are hiring highly creative, energetic professionals to join our high-performing organization and help us execute against our vision to expand our cutting-edge health promoting beverages and sports nutrition products worldwide.
Under little or no supervision, chooses hardware, develops software and documentation. Verifies and maintains compliance to appropriate electrical and in-house standards and practices. Mentors junior level engineers. Recommends technical direction and new technologies. Utilizes ‘off the shelf’ and custom solutions to solve and improve manufacturing equipment. Troubleshoots, debugs, starts-up and maintains new and currently installed automated machines. Takes lead role and responsibility of major projects.
- Designs and develops control systems and software programs specific to customer and project requirements based on standard programming methods when applicable
- Performs engineering calculations with respect to power consumption, current capacity, shielding, signal integrity, risk assessment, etc., as related to automation machinery designs
- Formulates and produces a complete electrical design package which includes detailed schematics, cable routing diagrams, panel layouts, bills of materials, and material requisition forms, based on CAID Automation standard specifications and the customer’s requirements
- Selects and integrates hardware and software components
- Travels as required to Customer and supplier sites to perform installation, commissioning, and training tasks
- Gives technical direction to machine operators and mechanics as needed
- Provides technical mentoring to junior and project engineers as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent, specializing in Controls Systems Engineering; BSEE degree preferred
- 6-12 plus years of experience writing in electrical design preferably for automation systems
- Experience designing automation for manufacturing industry and/or consumer products industries is desired
- Advanced understanding of robotics, control systems, vision systems and machine operation
- Advanced understanding with some of the following programming environments; PLC ladder logic, robotic controllers, vision systems, HMI design tools
- Experience developing system electrical schematics using AutoCAD Electrical is a plus Demonstrable success functioning as a controls design engineer on multiple automation projects.
- Applicants must be eligible to work in the US without sponsorship