Environmental Health and Safety Manager
About Bang Energy
Bang Energy Performance Beverages and Sports Nutrition has been producing epic innovations for over 27 years. Our sports nutrition and beverage innovations are backed by 30+ double-blind placebo-controlled Gold Standard University studies, and our marketing and distribution has been featured by several media outlets, including Forbes and Wells Fargo. We are hiring highly creative, energetic professionals to join our high-performing organization and help us execute against our vision to expand our cutting-edge health promoting beverages and sports nutrition products worldwide.
The ideal candidate will be a responsible individual who swears by OSHA regulations. Your work will be largely focused on prevention, so you need to be conscientious and farsighted. The ideal candidate will also be detail-oriented and ready to act in emergencies. As the health and safety manager you will initiate actions to prevent the occurrence of any nonconformance relating to product, process & systems.
- Support the development of OSHA policies and programs
- Develop at a plant level the overall strategy of continual improvement of VPX EHS initiatives to support VPX Corporate and Plant Initiatives / goals.
- Manage annual safety inspections e.g. Fire, Sprinkler, Air monitoring, Hearing, Life Safety, Fire Extinguishers
- Create a safety team program with robust expectations, scheduled meetings, focused audits etc.
- Conduct routine workplace safety inspections and job hazard analysis for continual improvement and to reduce workplace incidents and injuries.
- Conduct risk assessment and enforce preventative measures
- Initiate and organize OSHA training of employees and executives
- Inspect premises and the work of personnel to identify issues or non-conformity (e.g. not using protective equipment)
- Any other tasks assigned by leadership
- Proven experience as safety office
- Minimum of 10 years in an industrial environment
- In depth knowledge of legislation (e.g. OSHA/EPA) and procedures
- Experience in writing reports and policies for health and safety
- Familiarity with conducting data analysis and reporting statistics
- Proficient in MS Office; Working knowledge of safety management information systems is a plus
- Diligent with great attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present and explain health and safety topics
- BSc/BA in safety management, engineering or relevant field is preferred
- Certificate in occupational health and safety
- Experience in incident investigation and root cause analysis