About Bang Energy
Bang Energy Performance Beverages and Sports Nutrition has been producing epic innovations for over 27 years. Our sports nutrition and beverage innovations are backed by 30+ double-blind placebo-controlled Gold Standard University studies, and our marketing and distribution has been featured by several media outlets, including Forbes and Wells Fargo. We are hiring highly creative, energetic professionals to join our high-performing organization and help us execute against our vision to expand our cutting-edge health promoting beverages and sports nutrition products worldwide.
SUMMARY: This role is responsible for the applicable installation, maintenance, and improvement of electrical systems, mechanical, pneumatic, control and process systems, as well as computer and automation systems. Maintain and improve facilities to provide a safe and efficient work environment. Maintain a high level of customer service as we grow in scope and size.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None; however, the Mechatronics Facilities Technician is responsible for training, advising, and coaching other technicians in production and maintenance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for driving Bang Energy’s Vision, leveraging Bang Energy’s Total Efficiency Process (KTEP), and ensuring strides are made in our journey towards zero loss
- Effectively work within a High-Performance Work Team
- Adheres to Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), SQF, Company policies and procedures; supports internal audits and reviews results with the work teams
- Role model accountability for personal development by requesting & acting on feedback from others
- Leads with safety and quality by protecting self and teammates along with the integrity of the brands
- Works to resolve any conflicts within the team and amongst team members
- Participates in employee involvement committees and teams including safety, continuous improvement, and lean manufacturing teams
- Performs multiple functions on the team including meeting and huddle facilitation, Lean system audits and other audit functions
- Participates in the Continuous learning environment always training and passing on knowledge.
- Perform a variety of electrical functions at the facility such as installation, maintenance, and repair of equipment/systems supporting the distribution or utilization of electric energy.
- Design, build, install or repair a variety of equipment to include transformers, switchboards, controllers, circuit breakers, power panels, motors, heating units, conduit/raceway conveyances, other transmission equipment, and mechanical, pneumatic, control, process, and automation systems.
- Locate and diagnose troubleshoot all systems and equipment
- Work from schematics, blueprints, drawings, layouts, or other specifications
- Perform studies and develop reports with Microsoft Office Software
- Will work on building systems and building line equipment infrastructure to include but not limited to UPS systems, fire/alarm detection systems, HVAC, mechanical systems, emergency generators, security access control systems, lighting systems, boilers, wastewater processes, air compressors systems, chiller systems, cooling tower systems, CO2 systems, NO2 systems, water filtration systems, soft water systems, etc.
- Install EMT and rigid conduit, install new and upgrade services, run power supply wiring for machinery and equipment
- Pulling wire, fiber, and cable for phone and data
- Plan jobs, make estimates, order materials, obtain permits for build outs and remodels as needed
- Operate lift trucks, aerial lifts, hydraulic punches, benders, wire pullers, electric drills, measuring, test equipment, and hand and shop tools
- Work safely near electrical wiring equipment such as tracing 120-volt control wiring, taking voltage/amperage meter readings inside 208, 240- and 480-volt panel boards
- Assist all team members as needed
- Aid with special projects as needed
- Work with contractors to repair, install, remove, and/or upgrade equipment, to include but not limited to UPS systems, fire/alarm detection systems, HVAC, mechanical systems, emergency generators, security access control systems, lighting systems, boilers, wastewater processes, air compressors systems, chiller systems, cooling tower systems, CO2 systems, NO2 systems, water filtration systems, soft water systems, etc.
- Train others for safely handling all maintenance work and enable them to be aware and identify all hazards
- Knowledge of the function and wiring of PLC’s
- Knowledge of the functions of motor frequency drives
- Responsibility to report food safety, quality and regulatory compliance to plant or division personnel with authority to initiate action.
OTHER NECESSARY FUNCTIONS:
- Performs other duties as requested.
- Punctuality, attendance, and overall dependability
- Demonstrates commitment to and follows all company policies, ergonomic standards and safety requirements from OSHA, Keurig Green Mountain and the location as well as Federal and State regulations which includes the ability to ensure compliance with safety rules and regulations regarding lockout/tag out, hot work, fall protection etc.
- Demonstrates commitment to and follows all local, state and federal regulations/laws and company policies regarding employment and workplace behavior.
- Participates in and supports Risk Management Plan as appropriate to role.
- Mechatronics degree and 5+ years of experience in industrial maintenance or combination of education and experience.
- Understanding of industrial facility permitting
- Adhere to Federal, State, and local safety policies and procedures
- Mechanical, electrical, controls and maintenance skills
- Ability to read, understand, and follow complex instructions, prints, and schematics.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to positively cooperate and communicate with coworkers, contractors, and management.
- Ability to obtain operator certification on designated equipment.
- Able to work on ladders and lifts (as applicable and recommended) up to heights of 60 feet.
- Ability to wear OSHA-approved personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Ability to bend, lift and stretch on a regular basis.
- Ability to consistently interact with others in a cooperative, respectful, and professional way.
- Positive attitude with ability to work in a fast-paced environment and overcome challenges.
- Demonstrate good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work within a team to reach a common goal.
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated.
- Ability to manage time, prioritize, and organize work effectively and efficiently.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule and travel as needed.
- Ability to work with power tools, hand tools, and machinery safely.
- Ability to be punctual and proactively plan time off.
- Ability to teach and train production technicians
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Ability to lift 75 pounds frequently with mechanical assistance.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds on a regular basis and 100 pounds occasionally.
- Ability to frequently kneel, squat, bend, and stoop.
- Ability to repetitively lift, twist, stretch, and reach overhead.
- Ability to stand during entire shift.
- Ability to push/pull up to 1,500 pounds using supplied equipment (e.g., pallet jack).
- Ability to work around creosote and chaff dust.
- Ability to work in confined spaces for prolonged periods in compliance with OSHA regulations.
- Ability to work with cleaning solutions and degreasers.
- Ability to meet all requirements to wear respiratory protection.
- Ability to walk up and down stairs.
- Ability to work in a variety of temperature and humidity conditions.
- Significant keyboarding/computer work required